Coconut Oil Banana Bread
If you love baking and want to find ways to bake healthier goods, one of the treats you can bake is banana bread. With real bananas, it is nutritious and delicious – and your kids will love it.
The secret to keeping banana bread moist is the fat/butter content – not the sugar. While the usual recipes would require butter that has very high fat content, we suggest that you replace butter with virgin coconut oil. Both have the same fat content but coconut oil has the good kind of fatty acids. It helps metabolize fats in the body faster, giving your more energy. But regardless of health benefits you can get from coconut oil, it will add more than enough moisture to your banana bread that you will use less fat and sugar.
This would be a great gift for health-conscious friends and a snack idea to serve kids in school or at your home. All you need to do is replace butter with coconut oil – 1:1 ratio!
Here is a simple recipe you might want to try. This recipe yields 12 servings.
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup Skinny Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line a loaf pan, with parchment paper.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil or butter on medium speed, until soft; about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and bananas, mix until combined.
- Toss in the dry ingredients, mix on medium speed, until combined; about 3 minutes.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes. Each oven is different, start checking at 45 minutes. You want the bread to be golden brown. A knife will come out clean, when you slide it into the middle of the loaf.
About Skinny and Company
Skinny and Company is located in the heart of the Midwest in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our Skinny Coconut Oil is 100% raw, pure, and virgin. It comes from Vietnam, where one of our founders discovered some of the most pristine coconuts in the world. Join our Coco-Community on Facebook for news and discounts.